Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Reunion and parting

I've had time to skim through both the books. Abdalin's diary was … useless. I can't read hieroglyphs, so I'm not really sure what I was expecting there. All I was able to gather was that the Fears were behind the 10 plagues, and something about shadow games, but that's about it.

Now, the recovered AMU book was a lot more useful. I learned a lot from it. Including where I can find more of Kraken.

Anyway, I'm ready to return the book now. I'll be making a trip to the AMU shortly. But first, I had to rearrange my party a bit. Paris and That Guy Tyler arrived in Burlington earlier today, in a brand new set of wheels. No idea where Paris got the money for that, but I'm not complaining.

Justin, Ciel and Terrence, on the other hand, were setting off to assist Tony, who had apparently gather some more evidence of Kai's disappearance, and was preparing accordingly. He needed them more than I did.

"It's been nice seeing you guys again," I said.

"Same," Justin said. "Shame we weren't actually useful out here."

"Fucking waste of our time," Ciel pouted.

"Love ya too," I said. "Oh, right. I got something for you before you head out."

I teleported away briefly before returning with a large suitcase, and a couple smaller boxes.

"Ciel, for you," I said, handing her one of the boxes.

"Medicine?" she asked, looking inside. "You know I can make my own, right?"

"Don't go refusing gifts, now," I said. "I've researched Oathbreaker poisons extensively, and those should be able to cure any of them you get infected with."

She rolled her eyes at me, but pocketed the meds regardless.

"Terrence," I said, handing him the second box. He looked inside to see a set of flash grenades.

"Neat," he said. "They pack a punch?"

"Put military grade to shame," I informed him. "I suggest investing in sunglasses and earplugs."

"Where'd you get these?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Made 'em myself," I said. "Inventor, remember?"

"Okay," he said.

"And Justin, " I said, placing the suitcase down. "This... is for you."

He looked inside, and immediately broke out into a wicked grin.

"This is literally the most badass thing I've ever been given," he said.

"Glad you like it," I replied.

He closed the suitcase and looked back up at me.

"I'll use it well," he said.

"You'd better," I said. "That was very expensive to make."

"And yet you still don't pay us," Paris said, chuckling.

"I'll by you drinks later, alright?" I said.

"Deal," Paris said.

What about you guys?" I asked. "Wanna grab some beers before you head out? I know a lace in New Strawn that's pretty decent."

"I'm down," Justin said.

"As long as I'm not paying," Ciel said.

Terrence nodded.

"Great!" I said. "Since Tyler's the only underaged guy here, I hereby declare him the designated driver!"

And so we all went to the bar, had some drinks, and had a great fucking time. Friendship is nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment