Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The City

I've given That Guy Tyler the next week off, while Paris and I head to LA. I won't disclose exactly where I work, but it's not too far.

We found our guy not long ago. We were seated in a booth, just passing time until we could find this "Person of interest" Sera mentioned.

He showed up sometime in the afternoon, flirted with the waitress a bit, ordered a strawberry sundae, and had a seat not too far from us.

It was him. The Descendant. Exactly the man I've been looking for.

"So what our game plan," Paris asked.

"For now, we play the waiting game," I asked. "The opportune moment will present itself eventually. Besides, we don't want to inconvenience the man more than we have to."

"If you say so," Paris said, shrugging. "You gonna finish that bacon?"

"As a matter of fact," I said, popping the last piece into my mouth, "I am."

Paris let out a disappointed sigh and waved the waitress over to order some more.

So yeah. That where we are right now. Just observing this man until the right time rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment