Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Wolfies

So, um... Still haven't interacted with the Descendant yet. For two reasons.

First of all, I haven't spotted the opportune moment yet. Once I do, I'll take action.

The other reason is gang activity.

Now, you may be thinking "But Dr. Ferris, you're in L.A. Shouldn't you have been prepared for that?"

I am prepared. I always am. But here's the thing.

I won't go into the full details yet, but there are beings in this world that are far beyond humanity. Beings of great, and terrible power. Beings which... leave me the hell alone.

Seriously, they avoid me whenever I can. They have reason to, but again, not going into full detail quite yet.

So, I've gone out of my way to seek out whatever samples I can of them for my research. Hence the items That Guy Tyler listed in that post of his. I don't mind him sharing that information. Or comparing my to a mad scientist. I honestly considered that a compliment. Mad science is the best science.

Now, while the beings generally leave me alone, the numbskulls who worship them... don't bother with that.

These particular numbskulls are called Timberwolves. You can thing of them as a weird mixture of bikers and religious cultists. Some of them lean more towards one of those or the other, some manage to strike a pretty good balance.

I've had a few run ins with them during my time in this city. None of those interactions have ended well.

For them.

I may be handicapped, but I'm no pushover. I've dealt with them every time they've bothered me.

However, it's only a matter of time before they start throwing bigger numbers at me. Which could eventually become a problem.

Hopefully my business with the Descendant will be done before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment